View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #28
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Second round losses ultimate downfall of Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Would you have fired Dungy? Would you have hired him at Indy and given him another 5 years of not winning it all?

Personally, I wouldn't have fired Dungy at Tampa Bay. I think that worked for a year and then Tampa Bay sunk back into the depths.

I think Dungy was setting up a team with a winning tradition. And I think he went on to do the same in Indy, although having Manning didn't hurt. And I think when Dungy was fired by the Buccs, they kinda ruined that whole concept of getting organizational structures in place that have persistence and will last.
Excellent post- Dungy's approach was one of slow but steady improvement, getting the right players, and establishing a system. Cjuckie only got lucky because he was able to manipulate a qb TO ACHIEVE FOR ONE YEAR.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote