View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Second round losses ultimate downfall of Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Dungy did get fired for that reason though. Could get Tampa to the playoffs, but couldn't win the big one. Lost in the playoffs in 99-2000-2001 then got let go and went to Indy and Gruden came in, took Dungy's players and won a Super Bowl...
Would you have fired Dungy? Would you have hired him at Indy and given him another 5 years of not winning it all?

Personally, I wouldn't have fired Dungy at Tampa Bay. I think that worked for a year and then Tampa Bay sunk back into the depths.

I think Dungy was setting up a team with a winning tradition. And I think he went on to do the same in Indy, although having Manning didn't hurt. And I think when Dungy was fired by the Buccs, they kinda ruined that whole concept of getting organizational structures in place that have persistence and will last.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote