View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #400
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Everyone knows Brady's stats are padded. It's not on him, but it's his coach. Even though they could be up 3 TDs in the 4th quarter, Brady will still be passing like they're behind (when most teams in this situation would run the ball to kill the clock). That's why I say his stats are padded. Look at this past game. At the 11:35 mark in the 4th quarter, the Pats are up 18 (3 possessions). Any normal coach would start killing the clock, but instead, Brady does 4 passes in a row. I get it, they are going for the kill and being ultra-aggressive. But this is what I mean by padding stats, throwing the ball when most teams are running it.

His stats aren't really padded at all especially this season. The Patriots scored 557 points for the entire season. Brady's stats could have been a lot more as far as TD passes, but they ran it all of the time inside the 10 and inside the 5 where they ended up with the most rushing TD's for any team with 25 rushing TD's. Brady could have thrown for over 40 TD's easily had he pushed to throw it more in the red zone. You're right that BB keeps his starters in longer then most teams do though. Brady's passing yards stats are high just like they are in every season though. A big reason why they keep their offensive starters in a lot longer is because their defense was giving up a ton of points in the first 8 games of the season. Their offense was literally having to put up over 30 just to get past a lot of teams early on, so I don't think their coaching staff ever really trusted their defense that much. I still don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Schaub (and Kubiak) on the other hand is the total opposite. They throw only when they have to. In fact, most fans will tell you they don't throw it enough. That, I don't call padding stats.
This is true. Not to mention, the same thing happened to Schaub with the passing TD's with Arian Foster having like 17 rushing TD's for the entire season. Kubiak wants to run, run, run...........
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote