View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #409
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Everyone knows Brady's stats are padded. It's not on him, but it's his coach. Even though they could be up 3 TDs in the 4th quarter, Brady will still be passing like they're behind (when most teams in this situation would run the ball to kill the clock). That's why I say his stats are padded. Look at this past game. At the 11:35 mark in the 4th quarter, the Pats are up 18 (3 possessions). Any normal coach would start killing the clock, but instead, Brady does 4 passes in a row. I get it, they are going for the kill and being ultra-aggressive. But this is what I mean by padding stats, throwing the ball when most teams are running it.

Schaub (and Kubiak) on the other hand is the total opposite. They throw only when they have to. In fact, most fans will tell you they don't throw it enough. That, I don't call padding stats.
I don't think that is stat padding in Brady's case. That is just their offense. They throw to short check downs as a form of running..conservative throws. If you look at that link his numbers are pretty even by quarter. Also, with the comebacks these days, I wouldn't call 18 insurmountable. They just don't have a running game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I consider stat padding when you're throwing the ball and you don't have to. So i don't really consider Schaub padding his stats around that time; He threw the ball as much as he did b/c he had to try to win the game. yes the defense does let up a little, but it lets up in both situations when you're ahead by 30 pts (running clock) and when you're down 30 pts (giving up). So in that regard, both qb's benefited somewhat.
I get what your saying but I think many people's definition includes games where there is an unlikely chance to win but your QB is throwing into prevent defenses. Just throwing hat out there.