View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #74
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teammates come to Schaub's defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'd never hang the drops on him. Those were indeed dropped passes not errant passes. It's what happens after the drops on the next play and the one after that where I just can't keep buying into Matt as the head honcho. The Casey TD drop was followed by a WTF? moment when he threw the ball over the heads of everybody and missed a wide open AJ. He's always gonna do that. Always has. The will is there I just don't think the focus or the athleticism is there to match it.
But the AJ WTF pass doesn't even happen if Casey converts the easy TD the play prior. This is what you guys don't take into account.

The other thing too is that other qb's have these same WTF throws too. Watching Flacco and Manning the other day, Both had a number of passes that were high, thrown off target or hang-u-out-to-dry passes..the same type of passes that Schaub gets critcized for. The difference is is that their WR's were making plays on the ball and Schaub's more often than not don't.

Imagine Kevin Walter trying to make the play that Smith made on his 2nd TD reception right before the half....It's not happening. That play more than likely turns into an int by champ bailey b/c he was in perfect position.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote