View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #72
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teammates come to Schaub's defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Schaub is what he is, a decent quarterback who brings some real skills to the table but will probably never bring others.

I saw three perfectly catchable drops for first downs or touchdowns against the Patriots. He wasn't flawless but then again, neither was our defense, our play calling or the right side of the line.

Lots of gaps to address this offseason from the top down and frankly that starts with the GM.

I'd never hang the drops on him. Those were indeed dropped passes not errant passes. It's what happens after the drops on the next play and the one after that where I just can't keep buying into Matt as the head honcho. The Casey TD drop was followed by a WTF? moment when he threw the ball over the heads of everybody and missed a wide open AJ. He's always gonna do that. Always has. The will is there I just don't think the focus or the athleticism is there to match it.