Thread: NFL Dynasties
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #28
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70694 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Dynasties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I put the 1970's Raiders up there as a dynasty. Madden still has the highest winning percentage of all time, iirc. His teams were always in the mix, and by my dynasty standards, I would include those Raiders teams.
There was a time the Raiders were the winningest team in all professional sports, i.e., football, baseball, basketball, hockey, . . . they were the ultimate dynasty, but that was long ago now and this poll has shown me how most have forgotten or are too young to remember. After all, their reign as a dynasty extended from 1967 - 1985 (19 years).

During the Raiders' 19-year dynasty, their regular season record not counting ties was 205-70 (.745 winning pct.).

During the 13-years of the Pats dynasty under Belichick and Brady (with 1 yr Bledsoe, and 1 yr Cassel), they've gone 151-57 (.726) pct.) in the regular season.

If you pare it down to the last/best 12-years, the Pats have gone 146-46 (.760 winning pct.), but they would have to keep up that pace for the next 7 years to trump the Raider's dynasty numbers, or you could look at the Raiders best 12-year span from 1966-1977, where they were 127-33 (.790 winning pct.). Either way, it shows the Pats have a ways to go yet to top the Raiders in the regular season during their dynasty years. As for SB, they both have 3, but of course the Pats got one of theirs thanks to the Snow-Job game, and the Raiders very well may have lost out on going to 2 more via the Immaculate Reception (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo..._reception_ap/) and the Rob Lytle Fumble (http://www.nytimes.com/1992/03/19/sp...rong-call.html).