View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #49
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub + Receivers vs Other QBs and their Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Pretty much, but these first time NFL fans and extremists see guys like Kapernick and Wilson being drafted last off season and that's all they see. They either have no idea about the other dozens of QB's that teams run through just like them that never pan out and just delay their QB situation even further, or they don't care. They just want to complain and use unrealistic answers to a problem.

I'd love to go out and get another QB. I just know about the odds in those late early rounds. I'd rather move up to the top 5 of the draft and get a guy who looks to have a really high ceiling and better odds at being a great player then these 3rd round type guys that people think are these easy picks to QB your team.
About the second paragraph. Even then the chances of getting a guy that is better than schaub in his first two or three years is almost zilch. My whole point is that if you just don't think you can win with Schaub then scrap the whole thing and start building for 2015-2016 because by the time you get a QB that can take you past the 2nd round of the playoffs you will be in there. You will waste the best years of Cushing Joseph, Manning, Foster, Brown et al developing a QB. Maybe you have to do that, maybe Schaub is not the answer... but it sure seems more likely that going out and getting a legit number 2/3 WR might get you to the same place a few years sooner. Bowe, Hartline, Jennings. I can't say it enough. If we have a receiver like that on our roster other than AJ then you put yourself in the position to have a chance to make a SB run over the next 2-3 years... if you start over at QB I'm doubtful you see the playoffs, much less the SB over the next 2-3 years.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote