View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #71
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teammates come to Schaub's defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
But isn't our defense supposed to be elite? Isn't the main reason we are in the playoffs is because of our defense? 49ers has an elite defense, and they held the elite-offense Packers to 31 (and one of those TDs were in garbage time). The Seahawks has an elite defense, and they held the elite-offense Falcons to 30. The Ravens aren't even an elite defense anymore, but they held the elite-offense Broncos to 35.

If our elite-defense was able to hold the Pats to at least 35... we don't have to try that onside kick. We kick it off and ask our elite-defense to force a punt, and give the offense a chance to comeback.

The offense CAN score on pace with other playoff teams, but the defense can't let other offenses score more than 40. I don't think that's asking for too much from your elite defense.
Like i said in another thread, asking your offense to score 40+ points is alot..i don't care if you're air coryell or that 07 Pats team. The defense fell off big time down the stretch this year and it has very little to do with us missing Cushing or us just not being as good as we were last year like some have said. We are as good as we were last year on defense...our schedule was just much tougher than last years schedule and we faced better qb play this year.
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote