View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #46
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub + Receivers vs Other QBs and their Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
No. LOL.

Who is coming and who is not coming has 0 to do with determining the mike.

The qb identifies the mike so the o line knows where there initial steps and eyes should go. It determines which o lineman is responsible for which player.

And it's not even as important on passing plays as it is on running plays.

In the first game Brady was mostly calling out the mike on running plays. I was screaming at my tv yelling run.

In this past game, the first time he called out the mike I screamed draw! And sure enough it was a draw and everyone I was watching the game with looked at me.

He did mix it up and call it on some passes this game though. But I think he did that to mostly throw the defense off.

Brady isn't calling out who the texans are putting at mike. He's calling out who he's choosing to be the mike so he can get favorable blocking assignments.

In a zbs you don't normally identify the mike because it doesn't matter. O linemen make their blocking calls based on what they see and once the ball is hiked, you trust your steps.
Lol, you said all that to basically confirm what i said from the bolded...to determine how to adjust protections and audibles... mosts times you see these guys doing it b/c they think a blitz is coming somewhere up the middle or is being threatened. I just spoke on it from the passing side and you spoke on it from the running side.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote