View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prioritizing our off season needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
New GM, new HC. We need a new strategy. Giving these guys another turn at finding assets for both sides of the ball will hurt us more than help us.

However, McNair is going to expect another big year out of the Marketing department.
I disagree whole heartedly.

Smith has done a pretty solid job in both FA and the draft.

Kubiak has made Matt Schaub into a multi Pro Bowler. We're talking about a guy I could out run and my little sister (We're both on the wrong side of 40) could out throw making multiple Pro Bowls.

You take a look at one of the "uncharacteristic throws" Gary asked Schaub to make Vs the Pats resulting in an INT .... and I think you understand.
Give the guy a real talent at the position .... and let him go to work.

After HWWNBM was vanquished .... The noodle armed statue was the best available option (Really , what else was out there) and prior to the lisfranc he was more than capable of leading this team to a Superbowl. Post lisfranc .... I dont believe that to be the case.

Timing in sports plays a big part in success .... Jesus look no farther than the Dolts falling into Luck for confirmation.

If I had one complaint , it would be that Smith extended him prematurely. The saving grace is that the contract isnt so horrible that they cant un-hitch the cart at the half way point - which is after next season.

Hopefully Schaub's health will improve over the offseason and we get the same guy we saw prior to that injury. If not , he'll be out the door after next season.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote