View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What happened the offence since 2010?

Sorry, but this whole "we need Shanahan" stuff is not anything we need.

I'll remind people (Even though everyone wants to ignore this) that the Texans were the 2nd highest scoring team in the NFL up until about week 13 or 14 or something like that. After that awful slide at the end of the season though, it knocked us down a few notches. We still finished #8 in total scoring.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...alse&Submit=Go

Being #8 out of 32 other teams is not bad no matter how you slice it. The Texans put up 28 points against NE last week in the playoffs as well, and it would have been 32 had it not been for a dropped TD pass early on by Casey. No one was complaining about this offense for the majority of the season, but now everyone acts as if the offense is like the 25th best offense in the league despite the facts.

The problem is purely Kubiak. Schaub fell off down the stretch big time, but Kubiak refused to adapt and to make adjustments to his scheme and to who he is was playing against. Kubiak never will make adjustments, and that's why I've always hated having him as our HC, because he only will do things on way, and won't change things no matter what the circumstances are unless it involves playing an even more conservative game plan. Schaub will need to be replaced, but once again Gary will be to stubborn to do it or even entertain the idea. So, the problem is clearly Kubiak whether you think Schaub needs to go or not. The problem will be there with or without Schaub in my eyes.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote