Thread: Just sayin'....
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #6
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just sayin'....

I totally agree with patfanken that the coaching failed big time in three areas:

1) Failure to adjust, on both sides of the ball, from their first game. Kubiak still tried to run the ball right at Wilfork, which didn't work again. And Phillips still tried to blitz like crazy, which didn't work.

2) Defense was not ready for the quick snap. This is just totally mind-boggling. Everyone know the Pats like to do this, they did it to them in the first game... but they still weren't prepared.

3) No in-game adjustments, on both sides of the ball. Pats saw a big mis-match when they lined up their RB as a receiver (we'd cover him with an ILB). Pats kept doing that until we adjusted, but we never did!? On offense, we were quite successful when we spread their defense out. I do not understand why we didn't do that more, especially if we're in comeback mode.

At the same time patfanken, football is alot easier if you have an all-world QB. If we switched Schaub & Brady around, I would think we're giving you tips of where the Pats went wrong.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote