View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What happened the offence since 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i thought about this too but c'mon we all know kubiak used to run the show on offence back then too just like he does now. sure the OC's have input, but it was still kubes who calls the plays...

i honestly dont understand it. maybe its a mixture of everything mentioned plus older age maybe affecting the skill guys some??
Our passing game was immensely better with Kyle Shanahanahanahanahan as our OC. Problem was our running game was really bad after that one miracle year out of Slaton (And when I say really bad, I don't mean Arian Foster's year this year where he still logged 1400 yards and 17 TD's. We're talking Ryan Moats, Chris Brown, Echemandu Adimchinobe bad). 2010 "felt" like our best offensive year as it seemed like we were in a shootout every other week and both the running and passing game seemed to be working great, it's just that the defense was so so so atrocious, and that was Dennison's first year.

I think age and injuries have a lot more to do with Daniels and Walters decline but overall I think our passing concepts got a little stale near the end of the season and teams were figuring out what was coming, whereas in the beginning of the season teams looked like they didn't know what was coming at any given time.