View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #26
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub + Receivers vs Other QBs and their Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
2/3 of the league does not make the playoffs. Why wouldn't they want a starting QB from a playoff team, if priced right? Heck I would keep Schaub if his cap hit was half of what it is the next three years. We are over invested in this QB, and we are over invested in this legacy offensive game plan, IMO.
There is nobody out there that you can sign for half the cap hit that is 60% the QB that Schaub is. Your window is open right now for a few years without retooling. If you think Schaub is a weakness then you had better figure out what you need to do to make it work. Going out and getting a Jennings/Bowe/Hartline type player makes sense. Getting rid of Schaub (with no real plan for a replacement) will land you squarely in 2007-2008 again. If there had been a time that we had more than 1 above average receiver on this team I would be more inclined to believe that Schaub was the problem. Hell I didn't put Jabar Gaffney on that list. Before you laugh, at Washington of all places he caught 68 balls for 970 yards last year. He was on the Pats for a few years too. We don't have a guy with THAT kind of ability on our roster and he was their 3rd or 4th receiver.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote