View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #106
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Kubiak choose to go MIA with Yates. Could be unconscious, directly based off his own playing career as back-up to Elway, but Schaub is no Elway. So does he need someone within the organization to remind him?

Key to any success with Kubiak QB position is deception ability to sell play action. From limited action I've seen of Yates due to quickness, he actually can execute more effective. His release is not as long & the ball comes out quicker. The one thing I disagree with you on is that he did make mistakes & forced the ball into tight windows trying to make something happen. Not that I have a problem with it but Kubiak must, he just doesn't trust decision making process. Progression, check down, throw it away, avoid bodily harm.

All this talk is fine but you, me or anyone knows nothing will change at least for a couple more years. What they'll do more likely is to add weapons, beef up the offensive line & add another pass rusher - Stronger supporting cast while keeping the lead actor
Yates did not make many mistakes, which is a trait I liked about him - knowing his role. The problem with Schaub is executing his role or the staff having a QB that can execute the legacy playbook in an evolving league.

I am fully aware that we are stuck with this GM, HC and QB through 2014 at the least. It is depressing being depressed about hitting the plateau. We hit it hard after seven years, and there will be no optimism or progress without significant change. The signs were there from day one, and the historicals after seven years have only solidified the initial warnings.

Rookie owner, rookie GM, rookie HC, rookie QB. This is who we are, and is no wonder that success eludes us when diversity is thrown our way. Seven friggin years - execute or be executed.