View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prioritizing our off season needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
A lot of that had to do with Cushing being out and the injuries we accumulated at LB. I think we need to upgrade at the other ILB spot but DB's were a big problem. I do agree that LB's playing man is an issue but that is a schematic issue.

Our starting 4 is pretty good and you saw that early in the season. But when we starting accumulating injuries (Joseph, McCain) and playing high octane offenses (GB, DET, NE(x2), IND) you saw us have problems. We need more depth at DB especially since our depth players get on the field in Wade's Nickel & Dime packages.

If you recall, Demps was awful in just about all of those games and he saw a lot of snaps because Wade favors the 3 Safety packages. Harris was mostly bad when replacing McCain in the nickel.
I dont really disagree accept with the fact that even with Cushing in the lineup they still had trouble defending TE's (and to some extent RB's) - He didnt often cover.

That 3rd safety spot is really important in the attacking / man coverage defense Wade employed.

I have secondary as a significantly higher need than ILB .... but would like to see an upgrade next to Cushing. Maybe a hybrid SS/ILB type there. Dont ask me to name one ..... just a thought that crossed my mind as the league is more and more pass oriented.

An observation related to the lack of cover ability from the ILB's - As the season went on , we saw Barwin in coverage quite a bit on both RB's and TE's.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote