View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #32
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan Re-Match with Patriot Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
No link, just things I've heard over the years. He pissed off a lot of upperclassmen with his attitude as a youngster and Dooley let him get off with a lot of misbehaving. He played horrible against Alabama this year and refused to meet with reporters after the game. Most Vols fans are sad to see him go because they are losing so much talent early this year but a lot of them are also happy to see his attitude off the team. I'm pretty sure he also had some legal trouble although wasn't arrested FWIW. Most of the current SEC refers to him as Cutler Jr. because of his arrogant behavior.
Underclassmen didn't like him? He refused to meet with reporters after 1 game? Legal problems, but wasn't arrested? LOL Seems as though people are looking to find things wrong with Bray if this is all they've got on him.

Cutler Jr? I would take that over Schaub Sr. BTW, most great QB's are cocky.

See Montana/Joe, Marino/Dan Brady/Tom Manning/Payton etc.... A leader normally has an air of cockines to themselves, because they have the belief that they can get the job done no matter what. This tends to rub less secure people the wrong way.

This happens in all walks of life not just football. But this is a trait most highly successful people carry. If you dont believe in yourself nobody else will either.

I want the QB of my team to be one cocky SOB. Bobby Layne was one of the most cocky guys that ever lived. Guess what he also was? A winner/champion at every level of football he ever plaed. He wasn't liked in a less politically correct world and I dont imagine his schtick would go over well today. But if you want to win he was your guy.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote