View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #17
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub + Receivers vs Other QBs and their Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Go back and look at the last pats game in the reg season and plenty other games.

The play schaub threw the pick to Mccourty Arian was wide open. Probably could have scored.
No question he has made some boneheaded throws. His int% (2.2) is not quite on par with elite QBs. Brady is 1.3, Manning 1.9, Ryan 2.4%, Rodgers 1.4% but was better than some pretty good QBs (Eli) Manning 2.9%, Dalton 3.0%.

Quote:
What makes you think schaub just isn't missing some guys?
I'm going to look at that when I get a chance. TV shots do you no good, you need all 22 film. Another thing is the passing lane has to be there. Its easy for us to say "he missed this guy" but a lot of times there is no passing lane to get the ball there.

Quote:
And a lot of those wide open pass plays are due to Brady controlling tempo and not allowing defense time to think and settle in.
Some of that may be the case, not denynig that but it doesn't change the fact that he is being asked to throw to receivers that are not open. If the simple answer is "get to the line and run plays quicker" that is a much easier solution than "find a QB that is better than Schaub".
Quote:
I clearly made note of that in my post and several times. When you don't give your immobile qb more freedom and give him cookie cutter reads and audibles this is what happens. When you ingrain in him to take the ultra safe route when things break down you get a guy that rolls out and has time to make a play, but throws the ball away with no one around him.
I wonder how many QBs don't have cookie cutter reads. Its easy for us to say "when the play breaks down" but we have no idea what the progression of reads are. "Cookie cutter reads" could also be defined as "running a play". The QB doesn't have the overhead view and ability to see what everyone is doing at once, they must look directionally. Its a wide field. You have to know what you expect to happen on the field in what order and make reads accordingly. If the safety provides help in one place then you know there should be a hole in another place on "that play".
Quote:
This stuff sounds eerily similar to the Carr stuff before he left. Supporters unable to separate his failings from his cohorts.
No. This is nothing like Carr. Schaub has thrown twice as many TDs as Ints over the last four years and almost 250 ypg. Carr never did anything close to that. If you get rid of Schaub 15 teams would line up to sign him as their starting QB.

Quote:
Our wr's aren't perfect. They could be upgraded sure. But they are not making schaub look bad. If anything he's the one who actually has the ability to make them look a little better.
I certainly don't think you can say that at this point. It is pretty obvious that we don't have a receiver that can get open on most teams #3 corner (other than AJ) while the top tier QBs all have 5 guys on their roster that can beat most teams #2 corner.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote