View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #4
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prioritizing our off season needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Safety is a huge need. That much became obvious in the 3 games against NE & GB. We need a playmaking Safety in the back end. We always have.

I wouldn't reach for one. But if we're on the clock and round 1 and the BPA is a Safety, you take him.
I can agree with that actually. How nice would it be to land a Harrison Smith in the draft? However, its seems to me that drafting a safety is one big crap shoot (which could be said for any position I guess) and there are usually more reaches than not, and I am in the if you improve the front 7... the secondary will ultimately fall in line thinking. So when comparing needs and being realistic as far as solutions to be avail and the likeliness of improving the safety position... I feel and Manning and Quin can suffice for now and will have to after we invest more in Quin. But a great point none the less, especially with our emphasis on man coverage.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote