View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #65
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teammates come to Schaub's defense

The biggest sadness in my heart is that our QB is getting every single call from the sidelines, even in a hurry up. Schaub seems bright, but he's not being trusted to adapt and maneuver. That got the Germans defeated in WWII...while the U.S. infantry was able to fire and maneuver and operate in ways that even if their sergeant went down in a battle, the corporal assumed direct command (he became the acting sergeant) and the whole squad just carried out the mission as it had been planned. The Germans, if their field commander fell, froze and were not allowed to do ANYTHING until they received orders or were given a new commander. Paralysis.

We need a guy, a HC and a QB, who can fire and maneuver. Part of me is watching Kevin Sumlin and how he does at A&M. Whether he was at UH or A&M, he's smart enough to let his QB do what is Qb does best. With Case it was the standard spread offense and with Manziel it's been that run-and-gun style that the 49ers and Seahawks have implemented this year. The point is this: Sumlin is adapting to his QBs, and he's using their strengths to shape the offense.

Gary is saying HERE IS MY OFFENSE, now let's make everyone from top to bottom adjust to ME.

I think that method is about to die out.