View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #105
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Not much to assess this year. What I saw last year was a "green" game manager type that did not make many bad decisions, with a team that stepped up its game to compensate for the QB position.

Cannot make all the throws, not sure about vision, potentially good feet for the playbook. My assessment is incomplete, but do not believe he is a starting QB in the NFL.

QB is extremely important in a Kubiak offense, consequently, he has folks on this roster who he thinks can help this team win his way. I am 100% that he is confident in what he is looking for, which does not give me confidence in a Super Bowl appearance with him at the helm.

Griese, Plummer, Carr, Schaub, and Yates are what he should be measured on. He shouldn't get credit for Young or Elway in an objective historical view on his performance as a QB guru.

Kubiak took us to the playoffs, and has done his job. We have reached the limits of his skill set, and need to move on. He is not the only player's coach, QB guru, model citizen, "local" boy, etc, that could coach this team tomorrow or in the future.

No more run rate business McNair, give us a head coach/GM who can identify big opportunities and close them.
Kubiak choose to go MIA with Yates. Could be unconscious, directly based off his own playing career as back-up to Elway, but Schaub is no Elway. So does he need someone within the organization to remind him?

Key to any success with Kubiak QB position is deception ability to sell play action. From limited action I've seen of Yates due to quickness, he actually can execute more effective. His release is not as long & the ball comes out quicker. The one thing I disagree with you on is that he did make mistakes & forced the ball into tight windows trying to make something happen. Not that I have a problem with it but Kubiak must, he just doesn't trust decision making process. Progression, check down, throw it away, avoid bodily harm.

All this talk is fine but you, me or anyone knows nothing will change at least for a couple more years. What they'll do more likely is to add weapons, beef up the offensive line & add another pass rusher - Stronger supporting cast while keeping the lead actor

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote