View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Go watch the throws Brady made against us on 3rd down. Several of them were WIDE open. I'm not saying you need people wide open every play but it sure seems like other teams have players running wide open a lot more often. You can go to the "we need you to throw a strike on the money" well a few times but you can't do it on 60% of your passes.

Mike
Go back and look at the last pats game in the reg season and plenty other games.

The play schaub threw the pick to Mccourty Arian was wide open. Probably could have scored.

What makes you think schaub just isn't missing some guys?

And a lot of those wide open pass plays are due to Brady controlling tempo and not allowing defense time to think and settle in.

I clearly made note of that in my post and several times. When you don't give your immobile qb more freedom and give him cookie cutter reads and audibles this is what happens. When you ingrain in him to take the ultra safe route when things break down you get a guy that rolls out and has time to make a play, but throws the ball away with no one around him.

This stuff sounds eerily similar to the Carr stuff before he left. Supporters unable to separate his failings from his cohorts.

Our wr's aren't perfect. They could be upgraded sure. But they are not making schaub look bad. If anything he's the one who actually has the ability to make them look a little better.

This is a schaub and kubiak offense. Kubiak can help by adjusting and schaub can help by playing better. The wr's can be upgraded as well, but they aren't making schaub look bad.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote