View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #43
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bulls on Charades

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
No shocker there, in those games we got 0 outside pressure from our OLB, which the LB core got crushed this year with injuries, and Connor Barwin all but dissappeared and did his best Mario Williams imitation.
Except Mario was never that invisible. He would at least have a game where he crushed a TE or two. Barwin did absolutely zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-80 View Post
Shaun Cody is non-existant. He needs to go, let Earl Mitchell take over full time. People really did take Mario for granted last year and thought that Barwin and Reed were better than they really were. Linebacker help is sorely needed. We cant start Ruud in the AFC divisional game and expect to win. As much help as we need at WR I would not be surprised if we drafted Minter out of LSU and expect him to start right away. Either that or resign James for 1 more year to let him grow then put him out there the next year. Shiloh Keo is not worthy of starting, and Brandon Harris was EXTREMELY spotty this year. This was not the same D as the 2011 season, and after Cushing go injured the sloppiness continued, particularly vs. quality teams (PATS)
I would love to keep Rudd for depth. I think he did a decent job considering when we got him. Just cant be your starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'm not saying we don't need help on defense. Losing Ryans and Cushing killed the ILB position. Losing Barwin to a season ending suckfest killed the OLB position. But here's the thing - the rules are set up so that QBs like the ones you mentioned are going to get theirs. So even if the defense had been better, those QBs were going to get yards and TDs. So we need an offense that has a QB that can get TDs.
Get theirs, yes. To the tune of 27 tds-0 int's? That's not getting yours, that's getting it prison style.