View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #103
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Great post. I especially like the part where you bring up the "real" historical perspective of what Kubiak has done with QB's and how inaccurate this idea of him being a "QB Guru" is and always has been.
While I agree with KT's post and think it's a good one, let me offer an alternative perspective that ties in at the end.

Kubiak should absolutely be judged on those guys that KT said. And where I was optimistic about Kubiak back in the day was based on what he had done with Plummer and Griese. He took two guys that really weren't good and made them good enough to have Pro Bowl years. Griese actually did go to the Pro Bowl. When you add to that the fact that Elway and Young, who were already HOFers, had their best seasons under Kubiak, it showed to me he could take a good QB and elevate their game even more. I still believe that to be true.

What I do not believe to be true is that he can identify that really good QB to elevate. Griese - Plummer - Schaub establishes a pattern. Either he's arrogant enough to believe that he doesn't need a great talent at QB, or he's too insecure to handle a great talent at QB, or he simply can't identify one. Maybe he believes his system is good enough to compensate for the lack of talent at that position. I don't know. But I've lost faith in Kubiak, that's for sure.