View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #7
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95464 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Generating a Pass Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Am I the only one that thinks we need DL help? Preferably a good DE as our NT only plays a few downs. Anyone draft worthy with our #1?
We could go NT with our 1st and take a guy like Kawaan Short (Purdue). I like the idea of Mitchell starting next year though and just adding some depth behind him. If you have a chance to upgrade you have to think about it though.

At DE, we could hope Sheldon Richardson (Missouri) falls to us but that's unlikely. Guys like Ezekiel Ansah (BYU) and Margus Hunt (SMU) will be available but I'm not sure if they're 1st round picks. Both are athletic freaks, but very raw.

I'm actually not upset about our rotation at DE. We just need more depth at NT. Remember Jamison has been solid for us and we lost him early this year and Crick was just a rookie. He will get better.

LE - A. Smith / J. Crick
DT - E. Mitchell / T. McClain?
RE - J. Watt / T. Jamison

I'll be honest though I would not be upset with trading up and taking Star Lotulelei (NT, Utah). He would transform this front. Would have to be top 5 though.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote