View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #4
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65204 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Generating a Pass Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
The Patriots are the class of the AFC, so If the Texans want to advance to the Superbowl they need to be able to beat NE. The way to beat NE is thru the Pass Rush with out relying on the blitz.

A healthy Cushing will help.

I am hoping HOU does not cut A.Smith maybe a contract extension is the answer for Smith.

I think the Texans should let Barwin go unless he signs on the cheap due to lack of production. If Barwin does go I think Anthony Spencer should be FA target. Spencer had 11 sacks this year, he played for Dallas so Wade has familiarity with him. Kruger BAL LB would be a great addition but I think he will be way overpriced for HOU.

Draft Pass Rusher should be targeted with 1 of first two picks. I am hoping that the pick is a ILB with pass rush ability and enough speed to cover.
Man if you think Kruger will be overpriced wait until you see the price tag on Spencer. He's going to get paid this year.

And again, like many people have noted in other threads, you going to use a top pick on a LB that comes off the field on 3rd down? Cushing is the guy you describe in your OP. The other ILB needs to be a guy who can stuff the run on run downs and get into decent pass coverage on passing plays. He comes off the field on throwing downs and is replaced by Nickel or Dime players.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote