View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #182
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is it on Schaub and not the D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan13 View Post
When people comment Defenses they focus on the stat related to yards allowed, which is not nearly as points allowed. 3 or the 4 teams left are in the top 10 for points allowed. The other (Ravens) is 12 th in points allowed.

When I see the Pats (whose D has improved a lot from the beginning of the season) they have the highest scoring O and highest point differential.

In a lot of games the Pats have a big lead focus on not giving up the big play and trade time for short yards. So a lot of the yards they giving up are in garbage time and achieve the desired result (winning the game).

Points allowed is the measure of the best D's not yards allowed.
I agree. 10 of the top 14 defenses (in terms of points allowed) made the playoffs. All of the teams still in it are in the top 12.

I'm not saying defense is more important than offense... but I don't agree with the notion offense is more important than defense.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote