View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #18
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19488 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Watt's value right now is likely the highest its ever going to be. He just had the best defensive performance in the history of the NFL. He might get better, but its pretty rare for a guy to have back to back 20 sack seasons -- even the greatest defenders of all time.

If I was the FO I'd keep him on his rookie deal and then extend him next year. There is no way we can lose Watt. He is the single most important piece of this franchise. He should be the main reason we, as fans, have hope for the future.
I don't think it matters. If I understand the rookie contract under the new CBA, we don't have the option of extending him or changing his contract at all until after the third season, anyway. I think this is true for all draft picks.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote