Thread: NFL Dynasties
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Dynasties

I think we disagree on the definition of "dynasty". You've got a lot of teams on there I wouldn't even consider dynasties.

For me, it's the same coaching staff with essentially the same personnel winning multiple SBs.

If you don't win a SB, it's not a dynasty. Bills are out.

If you make major changes in personnel and coaching staffs, it's not a dynasty. That disconnects Noll from Cowher from Tomlin. And it makes the Raiders, Parcells era Giants, and Redskins NOT be dynasties.

I would include the 90's Cowboys as a dynasty because, even though the coaches changed, the team remained essentially Jimmy Johnson's team.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote