Thread: NFL Dynasties
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #21
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68714 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Dynasties

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I think if you make it championships and not just SBs then you have to have Packers of 60s. They won championships in 61, 62 and 65 and then the first 2 SBs in 66 and 67. That is as close to these others as w'eve talked about. I wouldn't include anyone else.If its just SBs...then the 4 we have talked about.
But I stated it was from year one of the SB until today. Otherwise we'd be including talk of the old Bears and such. As it is, it appears many here have forgotten how dominant the Raiders were back in the 60's, 70's and 80's; the team of the decades, as they were known. Then again, I attribute that to their heyday being a long time ago, and the bad times that have befallen them lately.

To me, the no-brainer is:

1st = Cowboys, because of the 20 year winning streak, 5 SB appearances during that time, and 2 Super Bowl victories.

2nd = 49ers, because of the 16 year winning streak, 5 SB appearances during that time, and 5 Super Bowl victories.

3rd = Raiders, because of the 16 year winning streak, 4 SB appearances during that time, and 3 Super Bowl victories.

4th = Steelers, because of their 4 SB appearances and 4 wins during their dynasty years, even though their 12 year winning streak is less than the Dolphins and tied with the Patriots.