View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #177
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is it on Schaub and not the D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-80 View Post
That's an amazing stat. Really tells you that you need explosiveness on offense
I don't think that says a freaking thing. Whomever was stating that top defenses don't have a huge factor isn't looking at history. It's been just as much about top defenses as it has strong QB play. It's been a combination of both.

Steelers have been to 3 SB's and won two in recent years.

Patriots have been to two SB's in recent years and have came up short just barely, but when they had a worse offense and a much better defense they won 3 SB's.The years they lost, they lost to a team that had arguably the best Dline of all time in both post season runs which took out the likes of guys like Rodgers and Brady.

The Saints didn't win a SB with that great offense until they had a great defense.

The Ravens and the Bucs both win SB's with just defense and the Bears went to the SB with Grossman and just defense.

These are just recent years I'm throwing out there.

The constant in all of these SB wins and teams that seem to have consistent success have either a great QB or a great defense.

Plus, I'm not sure what this whole "top 10" defense thing is saying any way. NFL rankings aren't worth the paper their written on. They don't rank teams by points allowed or points scored. They use a ton of different stats and compile them together, but in tons of cases they rank average defenses way up there when they shouldn't be and the same for offenses as well.

Last I checked the Niners are still in this, and they've got one of the best defenses in the entire league.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote