View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #143
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
When Demeco was traded, Sharpton moved up into the starting spot. In the original pressers I read, when Bradie James was signed, I recall them saying he was brought in to provide competition for Sharpton AND (iirc), he wasn't paid much more than vet minimum.

With Sharpton on the sidelines and unable to compete and the fact that Bradie James knows this defense infinitely better than Sharpton does, he won the competition. But I don't think it was a foregone conclusion that he was going to start as soon as he was signed.
When bradie was signed herring said he thought bradie would bring just as much to the team as Demeco or something like that. There was much conversation around here about his statements.

I think I even recall wade talking about how bradie was going to call the plays and then there was discussion about who'd have the green dot.

I don't recall any serious talk from the team about sharpton being the starter and having to fend off James.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote