View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #75
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I like Schaub. At the beginning of this season, he was playing great. By the end of this season, not so much. I don't know if it's his injury or what.

Yates is an athletic upgrade from Schaub but he doesn't have the command of the offense Schaub does and he's just not as good of a QB as Schaub is. Not yet, at least.

BUT.

After seeing Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, and RGIII, I want one of those. One of those kinds of QBs in this offense would be amazing.

With all that said, I didn't think QB was our biggest problem against the Patriots. We have to field a better defense than that.
I myself agree and want the same thing BUT it would never happen and I will tell you why. What is the one thing about those QB's that their HC did and the Texans HC would never do?

Change his offense to fit the QB...Kubiak is far to egotistic to actually plan an offense around his QB's strengths, where Kaepernick, RGIII and Wilson's strength is running a Spread-Run Option type of offense. Kubiak is far too old school for that..

It would take a Chip Kelley to become the HC of the Texans to see a QB like we want, until then, get use to the Fetal position statue that is David Carr, errrrr Matt Schaub....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote