View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #74
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Funny how some of you are saying if yates was better than why would schaub still be starting and given a contract extension, have we all forgotten about the loyalty the texans FO has displayed ???

Not saying Yates is the answer but come on.....
I believe this coaching staff does what it takes to win. Now that doesn't mean going out and getting the top FA every year. What that means, is if we had a better performer on our team that gave the team a better chance to win, don't you think they would be starting? I mean, Caldwell was the starting guard going in to the season. Yet, Kubiak replaced him with the rookie Ben Jones by game 3, because Jones executed better upfront. I know we all used to knock on loyalty, but if the better man is already on this team, he would be starting, and this season is evident to that.

Regarding your FO statement, I'm almost certain that mindset was left at home last year. Winston, Williams, and Ryans. All of them were shown the door in one way or another. I mean, if you trade guys like Ryans, all loyalty has gone out the window. So, I don't think we should be using that excuse anymore.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote