View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #59
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It's possible. I understand it's not likely but it's entirely possible. People get overlooked and underestimated all the time. Coaches stick with players they believe in or have a vested interest in helping to succeed.

I doubt either of them will be the next "Where in the hell did he come from?" guy but I don't think we've seen the best Yates can play and we know nothing of Keenum at this level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The difference is experience more than anything. Matt has it and TJ had none. He'll never get any if he never plays and the only way to see what he's capable of doing is to put the ball in his hands. We've had 6 years to see what Matt can do. Don't think there are any surprises left there.

Im more of an odds guy myself and odds are if either of our backups had it or even a glimmer of "it" we would see something. Way too many people got sucked in by Yates last year but as you said its not likely our coaching staff is just ignoring what Yates has. If its close Id have to think the coaches would know without benching Schaub and putting Yates in
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote