View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #54
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor B View Post
For those saying that Yates isn't the guy or that Keenum doesn't have it either, my question is, how do you know? Yates has had minimal playing time to show what he can actually do. The guy was a 3rd stringer who was thrust into the starting spot. Of course he made mistakes, but how can you judge the guy on those few games? We have no clue what Keenum can do.

You can't just say, "oh this guy wasn't drafted so he can't be good" or "Yates isn't the guy, he made too many mistakes". The sample size for these two QB's is not nearly enough to make a decision.

We do, however, have a large enough sample size on Schaub to know what he is. We know what he can and can't do, and it looks like he has hit the pinnacle of his career. A guy with his age and experience is not going to improve his game if he hasn't by this point.

I highly doubt the Texans look for any help at the QB spot next year. We are locked in with Schaub. What I would like to see, though, is for the staff to allow Yates and Keenum a real opportunity at competition. Competition makes every one play better. Light a fire under Schaub's butt and let him know that there are 2 guys after him.

With Kubiak though, I doubt we see any competition at QB. We'll be 1 and done next year with Schaub running the O.

Do you really think either of the backups "have it" and our coaches just ignore it or other teams?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote