Thread: NFL Dynasties
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #10
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49254 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Dynasties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve View Post
^this^

Probably not popular around here, but a case can be made for the Steelers continued dominance as the gold standard. From Noll to Cowher to Tomlin, the franchise has bumps in the road with extended periods of good/great.
That is why the Steelers bumped the Dolphins on my list. To me, the SB wins pushed them past the Dolphins. The Niners made my list because of the length of dominance as well as how many SBs they won. The Cowboys and Raiders round out my list due to the longevity of their runs, plus the SB wins they racked up.

As for what eriadoc noted about Johnson & Switzer, I can see your point which is why I made the post. I guess to me, one of the main things that makes a team a dynasty is dominance year-after-year; but that's just me. The Patriots are still building on their dynasty, so I suspect they'll eventually make my top 4, but we'll have to wait on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
True on Steelers...and I amended my post, I accidentally put 25 straight years when it as 20 for Cowboys.
I'll have to look into that as well. The Cowboys had 20 straight winning seasons, the Raiders and Niners both had 16 straight, but the Raiders had 20 out of 21 years (QB injury caused them to go 7-9 in year 17 of their streak), and the Steelers had 9 years straight. Like I said, I'll have to check the others.

Update:

Cowboys = 20 straight winning seasons
Raiders = 16
Niners = 16
Patriots = 12
Steelers = 9
Dolphins = 6