View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #161
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is it on Schaub and not the D?

2 things pissed me off about the defense yesterday:

1. They weren't prepared for the quick snap in the red zone. They were all standing around pointing and Vereen walks in for an easy score. That's on Wade, pure and simple. Everyone talks about the quick snap in the red zone. Everyone. Even I knew it was coming. And you aren't prepared for it? Thats garbage. They weren't prepared.

It happened a second time, too, when he caught a pass for a walk in touchdown. They didn't adjust fast enough to presnap movement by the Patriots and there was no one covering him.

2. Playing 10 yards off a guy when he needs 10 yards for the first down. At least 3 times yesterday I saw our players give a cushion and basically sit on the first down marker. When the ball carrier came at the line, he'd get the first down by a ball length because we waited for him to come to us rather than play aggressively. When you are so scared of a big play that you give up 3rd and long conversions it is demoralizing.