View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #53
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I don't really like this sort of thinking. When it comes to QB, if you are looking for a franchise QB, it doesn't matter how the class is, just that the one single guy you're willing to bet on has what you want. Last year's class may have produced 3 franchise QBs, Luck, RG3 and Wilson. It's unlikely IMO that Tannehill, Weedon or Cousins turn into franchise QBs, and I'm concerned about how long RG3 will be in the NFL given his injuries.

I think if you stack up this class against 2012, you only have Luck and RG3 ahead of most of these guys. Barkley, Geno, Bray, Nassib and Wilson should all be graded ahead of what Tannehill and Weeden were coming out, and I think each has much better pro potential. I personally like Tyler Wilson the most, but I could go for Barkley too.
I think Tannehill or Cousins could, but Tannehill definitely needs a surrounding cast better than the one he has now. I'd like him to come and sit a few years here and then play. Cousins, on the other hand... could possibly start for us. I absolutely love the player, was high on him last year and was kinda disappointed that the Skins got him even though they got RGIII.

JMO but I don't like USC QBs, would not touch Barkley. Geno is probably gone to the Chiefs. I personally think Wilson is the surest bet in this draft. Geno seems like a bit of a flash in the pan for me. If not... maybe Dysert or Nassib, and a later pick on Bray (maybe Kubes can coach him up, because dude's got the physical tools).
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote