View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I like Schaub. At the beginning of this season, he was playing great. By the end of this season, not so much. I don't know if it's his injury or what.

Yates is an athletic upgrade from Schaub but he doesn't have the command of the offense Schaub does and he's just not as good of a QB as Schaub is. Not yet, at least.
I know it sounds like I'm arguing both sides & I am. I don't think Schaub is a great QB. I'm not sold that he can't be one.

I'm arguing against some of this nonsense saying that he's worthless & I'm going to argue that he was great.

The truth is, this offense didn't do a whole lot this season without the defense getting turnovers & setting them up pretty. Miami, I know a lot of people were ready to cut Schaub until the Defense turned the tide & the offense was able to capitalize.

This offense, Schaub included got boo'd at home several times for not being able to move the ball, much less score, much less score a TD.

I think he looked "great" in the Denver game, the Detroit game, & maybe the Jacksonville game. But after that, from New England on, we really needed him to be great & he wasn't. The Vikings & Colts Defense should not have been able to stop us from scoring 30. I don't blame Schaub for that, I blame Kubiak. But truthfully, Schaub rarely looked "great" this year.