View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #45
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
We do not have a QB on the roster that could be considered the next dynamic QB for the Houston Texans.

And I feel pretty confident in saying that nothing will change in 2013. Schaub as starter and Yates as his backup will remain status quo.

I like Yates to an extent, but I do not feel that he is the guy that will elevate this team to compete with the New England Patriots.

Unfortunately for us, those kind of QBs are not grown on trees. We either find some retread vet out there or take chances with an inexperienced kid. I do not see Kubiak choosing either option when he's got so much faith in Schaub.
This /\ . "I can complain about my wife but it costs too much to divorce her and not sure if any FAs or young, inexperienced would be any better".

Facts: Schaub's base for 2013 is $7.25 m (guaranteed) + $3.5 m prorated bonus= $10.75 m cap hit. If not on roster his remaining prorated bonus is $3.5 x 4 remaining contract years or $14m cap hit. I'd aim for 2014 draft and hope enough underclassmen come out. If gone in 2014, Matt's cap hit is still $3.5 x 3= $10.5 m. We gambled, got excited for 12 games then awakened to reality. Like him or not, Schaub gives you best chance to go to S.B. We now need to focus on off season where we may have some cap space for FA and another good draft.