View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Browns hire Rob Chudzinski as HC, eye Norv Turner for OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm just using Rogers because he's the guy most people use when suggesting to draft a guy & let him sit, or develop.

Zero chance with the guys I mentioned, I know. But Clevelands drafted a QB how many times in the last 5 years & it's not working for them. All I'm saying is if they draft a QB, it can't be another Quin, McCoy, or Weeden in hopes that they can do with this new guy what they couldn't do with those guys.
Yeah, well you can't limit the new GM/HC's decisions based on previous ones that they had nothing to do with them. They need to be able to evaluate the talent in FA and the draft and do what they think is best. A great QB can completely transform a team and attract new talent to the organization, so I would love to see them get young stud QB in the draft.

They have to address the QB position this year, because Weeden's days are numbered in Cleveland. He's simply not mobile enough to run Chud's type of offense, unless of course he wants to pull out all of the QB draws and run fakes that he had Cam running. His run-game is somewhat dependent on having a dual-threat QB, and Weeden isn't that kind of guy at all, he's less mobile than Schaub. They need a guy like Colin Kaepernick, RG3 or Cam Newton, which is even more saddening that the Browns didn't get RG3 last year because he's perfect for this offense.

On the bright side, they do have several good pieces to run this offense, starting with a great LT and C for pass protection and run blocking, and then some speedy WRs to stretch the D, and TRich who's clearly an awesome RB and will do well in this offense. An upgrade at LG, TE and RB#2 would go a long ways to make any QB in this system successful. So there's hope!