View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #46
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Well, that's a wrap. 2012 season final thoughts

A lot of blame being thrown Schaub's way, which I can definitely agree he deserves a nice chunk. He was unable to get us over the hump a lot of us thought he would if he was our QB last year in the playoffs. Maybe he could've, but he dang sure didn't prove it to me.

This Oline was a shell of it's former self. I was an advocate of Winston being cut due to $ vs performance. Boy, we missed the heck out of him in our run game this season. Although, I must admit, Newton did progress throughout the season. And for the love of Pete, can we stop the rotation along the oline?!! That's what training camp's for...compete then make a dadgum decision and stick with it.

I love me some Wade, but he's a stubborn man. He refuses to alter his 40 year old defense when needed. Like Vinny said, we can't compete against the "elite" QBs and coaches of the league. We're caught with our pants down when our pressure can't get home.

Like someone else said, my heart sank when Cush went down. Say what you want about Watt, but Cush is the leader of this defense. Would we have been monumentally better? Probably not, but we damn sure would've been better than what we saw in the 2nd half of the season.

The Sharpton and Brady experiment is over! I fully expect ILB to be a priority. Whether by draft or FA, we need someone next to Cush that can stuff the run. Pretty sure we just traded one away last year.

In the end, it was a decent season. I'm just not satisfied