View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #44
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Well, that's a wrap. 2012 season final thoughts

#1: Special teams was terrible. The return man is only one SMALL PART of the total body of work. Jacoby & Holliday were both able to go other places and be successful. Other than Braman, it was a total loss.

#2: Our defense has GLARING WEAKNESSES. We miss far too many tackles. There seems to be virtually no hustle in making tackles, about 80% of the time. I watched far too many players yesterday being very uninspired about chasing down a player from behind or getting where they needed to be. One guy trying to bring a ball carrier down and four guys standing around watching, happened far too often yesterday. Another HUGE weakness is that our defense CAN'T HANDLE THE HURRY UP OFFENSE. We saw in week 14 against the Pats and we saw it again yesterday. How in the heck do you NOT get down and set at the goal line when you KNOW IT'S COMING.

#3: Nothing new on the Schaub front. He's an unmotivated and uninspiring player. He's above average in terms of numbers but below average in terms of ability. But he ain't going anywhere so we're gonna have to live with it.

#4: The Kubiak ship has sailed and we're all on board--like it or not! He's not going anywhere anytime soon. He spends too much time trying to out think the room when it comes to playcalling. We're the best play action team in the league and he refuses to use it like he should--imo. Spending too much time looking for the "daily specials" on his "Denny's menu" has cost us valuable opportunitites. He wants to be touted as a brilliant offensive mind. Well, then cut that playbook in half and work on what we do well. Screw being cunning and crafty--just line up and GO TO WORK. If we're the best, then line up and tell the other team "You know what's coming and we're confident enough to let you know...so try and stop us." But he's NOT that guy and he's never gonna be that guy. But like Schaub...he's here to stay.

#5: I believe that our O-line really is more talented than they're playing right now. Honestly if you can keep "Mr. Lead Pants" upright and injury free when he's looking for any reason to go down...then you're not half bad. Our blocking schemes are pitiful.

#6: Foster lead the league in TDs...good job. But to say that he seems unmotivated would be an understatement.

#7: Maybe Wade Phillips isn't the savior that we all hoped he'd be. He seems ineffective at making needed changes once the coin is flipped. If it's not "blitz, blitz and blitz again" he seems not to really know what to do. Staying with man coverage the entire game with the Pats in week 14 just showed me that he's either stubborn and inflexible, or just plain dumb. But it seems to me that he's almost COMPLETELY dependant on players with talent, playing talented. Once Cushing went down it just didn't seem like he had a very strong backup plan.

#8: I see FRUSTRATION and CARELESSNESS in players faces. I wonder how much "sticking with Schaub" has taken the wind out of the sails of the team. I realize that we'll never know it, because we've carefully selected players that won't rock the boat. Cushing is the only boat-rocker that we've got in the locker room, and he's just not able to be the team leader when he's on the sidelines--like an injured Ray Lewis let's say.

#9: LEADERSHIP is lacking. JJ Watt is a phenom, but he's not a leader. He's a guy that's going to quietly do his job and impact the game. But I wonder how long before his frustration will boil over. Everyone has a breaking point.

#10: There's no depth at WR. Dre put up alot bigger numbers than I think anyone thought he would this year. But we all know that he's not what he once was. Whose gonna take over his role? Jean? Daniels isn't what he was before the injury either.

#11: The "Good Guys Syndrome" is gonna be our downfall. We're not the Astros! Back in the day, Houston football had some swagger. It wasn't called "The House of Pain" for no reason. I mean for pete's sake--we even had the OC & the DC get into a fist fight on the sideline. LOL.

#12: Salary cap...salary cap...salary cap.

Well, that's all I've got right now...
Feel free to flame away.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote