View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #146
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Why is it on Schaub and not the D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
losing by 10 and driving Schaub throws an INT. We score there the game is wide open, and even late when we need a quick score he starts checking down no timeouts and hitting guys in the middle of the field. Was it a long shot to come back ? Sure it was but i have seen it done but it takes the will to believe you can do it. All i saw was a guy padding his stats not trying to make a miracle come back.
I'm not saying Schaub has no faults. But go back to all the post before the game & see what we all thought needed to happen for us to win this game.
Arian had to get off to a good start: Didn't happen
Brooks was going to have to "handle" Wilfork: Didn't happen
Barwin had to have a big game: Didn't happen
Reed had to have a big game: Didn't happen
Our secondary was going to have to have a big game: Didn't happen, not one of them.
Barrett Ruud was going to have to be the man in coverage: Didn't happen.
We needed to get a couple of turnovers to have a chance to win: Didn't happen.

We needed to score TDs, not FGs.... well Matt did what he could there, he threw 2 of them. Actually, he threw three of them, that Rice Owl dropped one.

He spread the ball around, he gave guys a chance to make plays...

Matt was not the worst Texan on the field yesterday.

Schaub was the only one who looked like he even tried..... well, Arian & Jj did as well. But if you look, there were times when the receivers would run their routes, then stop. Maybe because they saw Matt trip all over himself when he tried to work outside the pocket, I don't know. But if he were to miraculously get out & reset, they were just standing around & not helping him out at all.

& I tried to tell myself if Matt had played a little bit better, our chances of winning would have improved, but I just can't convince myself of that. This, again, was a team fail. An organization fail, top to bottom.

Before the game started, we knew we couldn't run it up the middle, so we planned to run it to the right. They had an answer for it. We tried running it to the left, they had an answer for it. On 4th & 1 we pitched it to the left side, our strong side... they had an answer for it.

New England ran it to the right, they ran it to the left, they ran it up the middle, they ran it at Jj Watt... worked... worked like a charm.

Those players knew what they had to do & they got it done. Ours, not so much. Without a doubt Matt Schaub is among them, but he is not alone.

When we spread the field & put a lot of receivers in the pattern, they didn't have an answer for that, but instead of spreading the field & putting receivers in the pattern, we pulled the reigns back. Time & time again, Arian would sneak out of the backfield & they would not cover him. Instead of being safe & checking down, Matt threw it downfield for his receiver to have fallen down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Again it all comes down to giving up, we saw it a lot this season Gary gave up on his guys. This time it looks like his guys gave up on him. I feel bad most of all for AJ, so many years of losing you know it has to hurt more if not worse to get so close 2 seasons in a row just to have to go home early again.
I listened to 610 after the game. I know a lot of people here don't like 610, but they get more player interviews after the game, they'll have more players & coaches on the radio today, so I'll be listening this morning as well.

But I didn't hear any of the players say they gave up. It don't sound like they gave up. They still sound like they believe in what they were doing, they still believe in the coaching staff & they believe in this team.

I'm not going by your eyeball.

Aj can demand a trade, just as easily as he demanded more money. Until he does that, I'm going to let him lie in the bed he made. Kubiak may have hitched his wagon to Schaub, but Andre hitched his wagon to Kubiak. Andre believed in Gary & Bob, I'm rolling with Andre.