View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #17
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textan View Post
The important thing to me, and I'm sure many other fans, was his non-factor stretch in December and these play offs.
Regular season is nice and all, and I do love when the Texans win those games, but I'd take a so so season with us barely squeaking into the play offs, for an outstanding run in the play offs.
Play offs are where it really matters. Everything else is just fluff.
I saw great potential in Yates, especially the regular season game against the Bengals to clinch our first ever play off berth. That winning drive and his incredible scrambling ability is something I've never see from the Sloth called Schaub.
Texans need to give Yates a legitimate shot. We've all seen Schaub, and for the most part, we're sick of him. Sure, there's still a few who will throw out all his incredible stats and say "he's a great QB", but most have seen enough. There's just no defending him anymore, especially after his collapse in December and the play offs.
Nice guy and I wish him the best, but I just want him gone already.
I have ALWAYS been a big Schaub supporter up until the final stretch of this season. The final 4 games every game was a big game and he was no where to be seen. Thats the moments that define a QB and in big games he has always been a no show !