View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #15
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Schaub looked great to start the season but the Defense was causing all kinds of turnovers and constantly gave the O a short field. When the D stopped getting turnovers is when Schaub began to struggle and could not sustain long drives.

Also to start the season he looked more confident he would stand in the pocket and make the throws but it all started the first time we faced the patriots. Suddenly he looked paniced, he would panic when there was not even any pressure.

I agree we can also win a SB with Schaub BUT everything would have to be perfect around him for that to happen. I just dont like the odds of everything going perfect and us finally breaking through ot win it all.

Like i said earlier if we had the Schaub from 2-3 years ago then hell yeah we could go all the way even if everything around him wasnt perfect. But i did not see that player down the stretch and i cant explain why but it just wasnt there.
I agree with most of that. The only thing I would attest to is the fact that we scored on big drives as well, not just from turnovers with short fields. Going back to that Denver game, we went on 90 yard drive that took like 7 minutes off the clock.

For sure, this team was different over the stretch. To be honest, I would rather go through the "sky is falling" post that losing in the beginning of the season would yield, if it meant we would finish hot.

I do like our chances next year. I think our O Line will be better, and as a result, Foster will run better. I cannot explain exactly what happened this season, but all we can hope for now, is that this team learns from it and corrects their mistakes. Make next year even better.

Little tidbit. The Dream didn't win his first NBA championship until his tenth season in the league. The 93-94 season, to be exact. Last I checked, Andre will be going into his tenth season. Maybe we will see history repeat itself in a weird way. Twenty years after the first professional championship in the cities history, a new championship will be brought back.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote