View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #14
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Really? Denver. Those two long TD passes from Schaub to Walter and Johnson had nothing to do with Schaub. Baltimore. The 43 points we hang on them had nothing to do with Schaub. Jacksonville. the 527 passing yards from Schaub had nothing towards that win. Chicago. The one and only TD pass in the game. Schaub.

I know Schaub had his bad games this year, but to say he was a non factor in this season is just not giving credit at all. It is very easy to over look things when you are angry. A lot of fans are angry with Schaub. I understand that, but when you take away the run game, and when the defense cannot stop a screen pass, what do you think the chances of us winning are in the first place? Schaub made mistakes today, there is no looking around that. But is it on him when Casey drops the go ahead TD pass? Is it on him when our defense cannot stop a nosebleed? Right now we are in our Championship window. We have a good 3 years left IMO. Schaub may not be elite, but it is not worth it to throw Yates in the season, and essentially waste a year. Right now, Scuab gives us the best chance to win. Is it a SB chance? Maybe, maybe not. But out of the three QB's we have, Schaub gives us that opportunity.

For the record, I do believe we can win a SB with Schaub. Everything needs to be clicking at the right time. The running game needs to be more of a threat to keep the defense guessing, and overall, we need to be more aggressive on offense. That falls on Kubiak, but I think we can achieve it, if we try. At the very least, our players need to execute better. I think that will happen. Then again, I might just drink too much koolaid, so what do I know?
Schaub looked great to start the season but the Defense was causing all kinds of turnovers and constantly gave the O a short field. When the D stopped getting turnovers is when Schaub began to struggle and could not sustain long drives.

Also to start the season he looked more confident he would stand in the pocket and make the throws but it all started the first time we faced the patriots. Suddenly he looked paniced, he would panic when there was not even any pressure.

I agree we can also win a SB with Schaub BUT everything would have to be perfect around him for that to happen. I just dont like the odds of everything going perfect and us finally breaking through ot win it all.

Like i said earlier if we had the Schaub from 2-3 years ago then hell yeah we could go all the way even if everything around him wasnt perfect. But i did not see that player down the stretch and i cant explain why but it just wasnt there.