View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #13
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
On the blindside fumble he was trying to make something happen even though the game was lost.

If AJ had been healthy the whole time Yates was starting i think we would all be seeing yates in a different light. When AJ and yates were playing he had a knack for finding him. Had some damn good play off games with yates throwing him the ball, and what did AJ do this year in the play-offs when he was healthier ?

My point is you cant base what he can do in the future off his rookie year with J Jones as him #1 and KW as his #2 WR and then the few times he came in when the game was out of reach. After how Schaub looked this season would it really be much of a risk to give him a shot ? Hell we only won as many games as we did cause the Defense and Foster but DEF NOT because of Schaub.
Really? Denver. Those two long TD passes from Schaub to Walter and Johnson had nothing to do with Schaub. Baltimore. The 43 points we hang on them had nothing to do with Schaub. Jacksonville. the 527 passing yards from Schaub had nothing towards that win. Chicago. The one and only TD pass in the game. Schaub.

I know Schaub had his bad games this year, but to say he was a non factor in this season is just not giving credit at all. It is very easy to over look things when you are angry. A lot of fans are angry with Schaub. I understand that, but when you take away the run game, and when the defense cannot stop a screen pass, what do you think the chances of us winning are in the first place? Schaub made mistakes today, there is no looking around that. But is it on him when Casey drops the go ahead TD pass? Is it on him when our defense cannot stop a nosebleed? Right now we are in our Championship window. We have a good 3 years left IMO. Schaub may not be elite, but it is not worth it to throw Yates in the season, and essentially waste a year. Right now, Scuab gives us the best chance to win. Is it a SB chance? Maybe, maybe not. But out of the three QB's we have, Schaub gives us that opportunity.

For the record, I do believe we can win a SB with Schaub. Everything needs to be clicking at the right time. The running game needs to be more of a threat to keep the defense guessing, and overall, we need to be more aggressive on offense. That falls on Kubiak, but I think we can achieve it, if we try. At the very least, our players need to execute better. I think that will happen. Then again, I might just drink too much koolaid, so what do I know?

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote